• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Thursday 29 September 2016

Siyabonga

I present to you my directorial debut: Siyabonga.



My recent movie exposes the conflicts between two groups of people: farmers and pastoral farmers. This is an issue which is close to home for me coming from a rural town in Tanzania. Prior to embarking on the project I undertook extensive research into the subject maintaining that I could present a realistic account of the problem. The film echoes the day to day life of villagers who live and depend on the land as a means of getting by. Can the two ever really live harmoniously? How will Siyabonga balance rebuilding the farm and keeping his family together? It is a tale which puts the protagonist through more than any man should ever have to endure: love, loss and betrayal.

Siyabonga DVD Cover

Contact

Get in touch with Gabo


Location

Tanzania

Facebook

www.facebook.com/OfficialGaboZigamba/

Website

www.gabozigamba.com